FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera vs Sony vg-20

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
karl feldt
Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera vs Sony vg-20
on Jul 17, 2014 at 11:13:21 pm

Hey, my name is Karl and is a amature film maker. I bought the Sony nex-vg20e camera some years ago and i really like the camera. But now do I have this (i think it is) amazing offer on a blackmagic cinema camera. It's it worth the upgrade? Do the camera fit for a guy with high excpetions? All comments are allows, what do you think?

/ Best regards from Karl Feldt, Sweden.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera vs Sony vg-20
on Jul 24, 2014 at 12:48:05 pm

Hey Karl,

since you're interested in film, the BMCC could very well be a very good idea. But beware that you will need to buy a few extras to make it work well, and will need to spend at least around 1000 € extra. You might want to check out the the Blackmagic Pocket Camera, unless you really want 2k.

The most important thing: You need some kind of external power. V-mount batteries with a d-link to bmcc power adapter cable.

The LCD screen is pretty much a mirror if you shoot outside even on cloudy days. So you will need a LCD Hood, an electronic viewfinder or a LCD Monitor. You can even use a T-Shirt, I've done it and its not too bad... but not as comfortable.

And you will also need a basic rig, just to be able to hold it comfortably.

If you decide to record sound directly to the cam you will need a XLR to 1/4 Jack adapter or some kind of Audiorecorder. I use the Tascam DR-60D and connect it with a mini Jack to a 1/4 Jack cable, and it works very well for my needs. You can screw the Tascam on top of the camera, even though its made for DSLR to screw under, and use the Line output to connect to the cam.

In terms of image quality and dynamic range, the BMCC is a very good deal. I'm very happy with my BM Production Camera 4K. They are not very good low light cameras, but if you light your scenes, like it should be done, you will get some very nice results.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]