FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic studio camera B4 lens to MFT mount adapter

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hans shi
Blackmagic studio camera B4 lens to MFT mount adapter
on Jul 3, 2014 at 5:52:23 am

Well, my company want me to try out some lenses for BMSC, and most MFT lenses are working fine, even with a PL tp MFT adapter, using fujinon 14-35 also works fine with this camera. But when it come to the B4 lens, problems are start showing up, the most major problem was the dark age.

And I know some of you guys have already tried this, so are their any soultions to fix this problem? Or any adapters that might fix this problem?

Here is a link of my rig, please have a look, and give some feedback,
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/743c08efgw1ehzk7hzygkj20vk5nbhdt.jpg

Thank you all

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Blackmagic studio camera B4 lens to MFT mount adapter
on Aug 5, 2014 at 3:30:36 pm

Checkout this post by Marco Solorio of OneRiver Media. It describes in detail how they use B4 HD lenses on a BMCC. To start you need an HD lens with a 2X tele-extender. You can find adaptors that do that, but most are expensive.

Return to posts index

Tim Roane
on Oct 10, 2014 at 3:13:48 am

I am looking to purchase a BMSC and plan to use Zeiss Digiprime lenses.
I read that these lenses are designed for prism split /CCD sensor technology.
Has anyone got any insight re pairing a digiprime with the BMSC?
I'm concerned too about image softness and moire , but I really don't know if this exists solely in the HD model, or the 4k model too.
Any input is welcome, and apologies if I am hijacking the thread!

Return to posts index

Kevin Young
on Feb 18, 2015 at 11:22:28 pm

I have just purchased 3 BMD Studio cameras. I will be using the MTF, B4 2/3" to Super16 Micro 4/3 adaptor once they arrive. The lens I have been considering are the Fujinon HA13x4.5BERM HD 2x extender for wide work and the Fujinon HA18x7.6 BERM-M48 HD 2x extender, for tele. I am looking for input from anyone that has experience with these lens. I am moving up from consumer camera, so I don't have experience with ENG lens. I want to make sure what I buy is of good quality so I will know I am making a good investment. I am not opposed to Canon lens, I just have a chance to get a good deal on the Fujinon 18x7.6 lens so I thought it best to find wide lens that will match well.

I am hoping there is an operator out there who can give me some guidance.

"Up Close and Remote"
Canon 5D Mark III
Atomos Ninja 2
Juicelink RM-333

Return to posts index

Eric Jingst
on Mar 30, 2015 at 7:39:27 pm

I'm curious if you received your B4 2/3" to Super16 Micro 4/3 adapter and what the results were.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]