FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera for weddings

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Corey
Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera for weddings
on Jun 7, 2014 at 10:39:57 am

Hi everyone , I was wondering if anyone is using the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera on a regular basis for weddings? I was think of getting a Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera 4K insteay of a DSLR

Thank You
Paul

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera for weddings
on Jun 11, 2014 at 2:31:34 am

I've done it twice. It was a challenge as I do more cinema but did two weddings as a favor to a friend.

The setup that you will need would be pretty similar to using a DSLR. Just keep in mind that the BMCC 4k is heavier than a typical DSLR so that might effect how you configure your rig. I would definitely recommend using a monitor or an EVF. Just remember that the BMCC will require SDI accessories rather than HDMI so in that way it may be less expensive to use a DSLR.

Low light performance might also be a consideration for you. Chances are you will have better low light performance out a 5D m3 than a BM4k.

It just boils down to needs and costs. Yes it's possible but what are you trying to get out of it?

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

Paul Corey
on Jun 12, 2014 at 6:52:30 pm

Thank You Matthew, I did some more reading about the camera. I will not be getting it right now. If I was doing other types of videos others than weddings to help pay for it then I would get one. The DSLR's record 8bit 4.2.0 to the card. I am using a Canon XF105 for my main camera shooting weddings. I was looking for a camera that would record 4K, high bit rate to the internal cards or drives than the DSLR's.

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
on Jun 12, 2014 at 7:19:39 pm

Quite honestly then, I would take a hard look at the Panasonic GH4K. Adapt the lenses that you need to it (unless you are already invested in Canon EF glass in which case it might be more of a challenge.)

I use micro 4/3 gear a lot and I am very happy with it. The glass is good and prices are right. The GH4K is a flexible system when you consider the expansion module. On it's own too you will have high quality, memory efficient, internal 4K video in a lightweight, relatively inexpensive, package.

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

Paul Corey
on Jun 12, 2014 at 7:34:24 pm

Thank You, I saw some picture of it. I will read about that camera tonight.

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]