FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMCC + Avid Mbox line up - noise issues

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hiltjo van Dam
BMCC + Avid Mbox line up - noise issues
on Mar 19, 2014 at 8:41:21 am

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with noise in the BMCC line in. I've read a lot of articles, but so for not been able to solve my 'noise' problem. I'm not a professional in the audio / video world, so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

I'm using the following setup:
- BMCC
- Avid Mbox
- COS 11D Microphone (XLR Phantom powered via Mbox)

Connected the line out of the Mbox to the BMCC. Set the BMCC to 'line in' input and tried every possible combination of leveling Mbox output with BMCC input. So far, all my audio shows a lot of noice. If I listen to the audio recordings on the PC by only using the Mbox (recorded in Audition), I hardly hear any noise. But listening to the BMCC it shows a lot of noise.

I've read many articles about noise problems in the BMCC, but didn't find a particular one providing a solution or addressing the combination with the Mbox. Maybe anyone here can help me out?

If it's a BMCC problem, I'm looking to find another solution in which I don't have to replace the audio track with a seperate one (e.g. can I record via Media Express and selecting the Avid Mbox as audio source?).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hiltjo

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: BMCC + Avid Mbox line up - noise issues
on Mar 30, 2014 at 4:41:57 pm

I've read a lot about the BMCC audio. Someone did some very exhaustive testing. It was on the BM Forum orBM User Forum. Search therefor BMCC Audio and it will probably pop up. There was lot of fiddling with EQ in post to sort of solve the audio issue. In practice, it may make more sense to simplycgo second system audio.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]