FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Production Camera Turned Green after Update and couldn't be turned off

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikolas Bäurle
Blackmagic Production Camera Turned Green after Update and couldn't be turned off
on Feb 24, 2014 at 8:01:10 am

I just received my Blackmagic Production Camera a few days ago.

I already shot a few test with it and just did and update.

I had installed Camera Utility 1.6.2 and connected my camera. It recognised it and did the update. Then the message popped up that my camera is up to date. I closed the utility software and disconnected the USB.

Suddenly the screen flickered and turned green and the camera couldn't be shut down. When I switched to play mode and switched back to camera mode the image was back, but whenever I clicked the power button the screen would flicker again and turn green.

Finally I let the power run down, then the screen turned different shades of green and shut down.

For about 10 minutes now everything is back to normal.

Has anyone had this problem before with a BMCC or has someone already seen this happen with the 4k? Is there a way to reboot? Did letting the power run down reset my camera?

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
Re: Blackmagic Production Camera Turned Green after Update and couldn't be turned off
on Feb 24, 2014 at 8:46:09 pm

It's normal for a BMD camera's screen to flicker immediately for a while following a firmware update; I believe this is noted in the ReadMe file.

You should always have your BMD camera connected to reliable external power while performing a firmware update.

Is your camera operating properly now? Can you turn it on, operate it, and turn off -- repeatedly -- without any issues?

Also, given what happened, I'd recommend reinstalling the current firmware update again (connected to reliable power, not using the cam's internal battery).

If you continue to have problems other than what's described above, contact BMD directly so they can evaluate your issue.

---

http://www.peterdv.com
Blog: http://herefortheweather.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Blackmagic Production Camera Turned Green after Update and couldn't be turned off
on Feb 25, 2014 at 1:04:43 am

Peter, thanks for your reply.

I had the camera connected to the power source, and the usb connected properly. I was still able to record when it happened, it was simply green, and switching between play and camera mode solved the issue at first until hitting the power button.

It works perfectly fine now, so it was probably just a temporary glitch. All I did was drain the battery and turn it on again.

I tried updating again but the Utility software tells me its up to date. I'll de and reinstall the Utility Software and see what happens.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]