FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMPCC resets Date and Time every time camera is turned off

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Rodia
BMPCC resets Date and Time every time camera is turned off
on Feb 2, 2014 at 6:09:15 pm

I know this forum isn't for the pocket camera but I could find the pocket camera category. Now that I got that out of the way.
The problem I'm having is that every time I set the date and time in the pocket camera it resets itself to like 1999 or 2024 every time the camera gets turned off. This is creating mayhem for the file names when I ingest all the footage into my computer, everything gets all out of order. Am I missing something, or is the BMPCC really not able to store the date and time data?!

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: BMPCC resets Date and Time every time camera is turned off
on Feb 5, 2014 at 1:04:35 am

This forum is also for the BMPCC!!

This is strange though I have had my EF lose date information as well. I did a shoot yesterday and loaded the files and it said it was 1/29/14. Could be a firmware issue. Might be worth reporting it to BMD and see if they have any word on it. Unfortunately this is an issue that I have not really seen much discussion over.

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X, Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

Richard Harvey
on Apr 22, 2014 at 10:15:08 pm

My BMCC 2.5K EF is doing exactly that - reset time and date, turn camera off. Come back a day or two later - displaying something completely different.

Also, battery is dropping to 50% two days after full charge and camera switched off.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Return to posts index

Juioplusi Mersalituf
on Oct 12, 2014 at 1:32:48 pm

I face exaclty the same problem. I've send a request at the support team of BM. Tell me if you have fixed the problem, and how.

Mathias :)

Return to posts index

Alex Rodia
on Oct 12, 2014 at 8:59:30 pm

Sorry to hear you're having trouble to. I had to send the camera back, it was a huge hassle, and their support team is terrible.I don't think they every figured out the problem. I received a new camera from them and that one's screen didn't work so they flashed its firmware and sent it back again. (long story short it took a super long time to receive a working camera back). But.... eventually I got a working camera back and have been using it recently with no trouble.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]