FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video capture onto MacBook Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Sotto
Video capture onto MacBook Pro
on Jan 14, 2014 at 5:33:41 am

I have a Blackmagic pocket cinema camera and I want to record the prores (or maybe even raw) video stream onto a MacBook Pro 15inch with a 2.6 GHz quad core intel i7 with 16gb of ram and 1tb of PCIe based flash storage, I assume via the hdmi out.

What would be the best method to do this?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Video capture onto MacBook Pro
on Jan 15, 2014 at 3:55:55 pm

First order of business will probably be to buy an HDMI I/O device. Intesity shuttle? I don't use the device, and i don't typically capture through Resolve (if that is what you are thinking) so i can't speak to those issues, but in theory, that should work. Is there a reason you want to do a live capture rather than a file transfer?

You should be able to simply copy the files across and open them in Resolve or Avid or pretty much anything else.

The idea of recording the raw stream as opposed to the compressed recording format might be valid for some workflows, but you're laptop is going to have to be able to record an uncompressed stream to get any kind of benefit out of it, and you are going to need some storage space for uncompressed as well.

I don't know enough about the camera to comment on whether you would be getting anything better than a 422 signal out of the camera anyway.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]