FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reel Not Loaded

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Mazarky
Reel Not Loaded
on Dec 11, 2012 at 5:00:30 pm

Hi,
I have been using FCP7 and Color for some time now and am making the switch to CS6. I need to grade a project with SpeedGrade but have run into a wall. First, I exported an EDL from Premiere and loaded it into SpeedGrade. Now, in SpeedGrade in place of my video I get a grey screen with the name of the clip and underneath it says "Reel Not Loaded" How do I load the clip and is this something I'm going to do every time use SpeedGrade? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Scott Mazarky
Re: Reel Not Loaded
on Dec 11, 2012 at 5:09:25 pm

OK. so I found in the Timeline tab at the bottom where it says "Reels". From there I can reload from desktop. I have just about everything loaded up, but is this something I have to do every time? How can I avoid this in the future?

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Reel Not Loaded
on Dec 15, 2012 at 12:06:59 am

This is something you do when beginning a new project. You can't avoid it unless you export "For Speedgrade" from Premiere which renders out an intermediate image sequence of footage. In more advanced workflows, an EDL with reloadable reels is actually far more flexible, even if it seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Apply Color actually handles the hand-off from FCP in a similar way... just slightly more transparent to the user.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]