FORUMS: list search recent posts

Errors I've encountered in Speedgrade

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris larsen
Errors I've encountered in Speedgrade
on Oct 28, 2012 at 6:32:05 am

This is a R3d workflow that I have been clumsily working through and there are a lot of problems I've encountered.

Key in A001_C001 not supported.

Duplicated Timeline followed by:
unlinked audio, re exported EDL - no success
deleted audio, re-eported EDL - success

alternatives not yet tried
- re-exporting EDL with no audio
- deleting audio keyframes, re-export

Timebase doesn't match - fixed by changing framerate in speed grade. I changed it everywhere I could find it. But this keeps popping up here and there. It doesn't seem to affect the clips at all but since I haven't exported from speedgrade, I can't be sure that there aren't sync issues.

Reel not loaded - Navigated to reel folder and manually dragged the corresponding r3d to the edl clip shell in the reels tab of the timeline options (load from desktop would not work because the clip names were changed in premiere to reflect their scene & take info, if you hover over the edl shell it reveals what the r3d name is.

Now I'm dealing with the metadata in Speedgrade.

Inside of the Clip format settings, all of the data defaults to 320 ISO and 5600k color temp. When I override to use settings below, then go back to R3D settings I'm stuck with the changes below regardless. Why aren't the camera settings as it was shot pre-loaded with the clips?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Experienced Advice?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]