FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speedgrade: 1920 x 1080 Premiere Pro project showing up as 960 x 540 plus tabs are frozen

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Barker
Speedgrade: 1920 x 1080 Premiere Pro project showing up as 960 x 540 plus tabs are frozen
on Aug 1, 2014 at 8:05:16 pm

Hi,

I'm completely new to Speedgrade and I'm trying to work on my first project. It's a video that I've edited in Premiere Pro at 1920 x 1080. When I open it up in Speedgrade it's registering as only being 960 x 540. Does anyone know if there's a way to change this?

Also, in the lower part of the interface, where there are tabs saying 'Timeline', 'Clip', 'Look' etc. the only one that I have access to is 'Timeline'. The others are all frozen. Anybody have any idea why that might be?

Please see below for a screengrab of how it looks…

Or here's a link if the above didn't work…

screenshot2014-08-01at20.55.34.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tim Whiting
Re: Speedgrade: 1920 x 1080 Premiere Pro project showing up as 960 x 540 plus tabs are frozen
on Aug 4, 2014 at 11:19:32 am

Speedgrade reduces playback and paused resolution to speed up the decoding speed of complex video formats or stuff like 4k. Looks like yours is set at 1:2 which halves the resolution. To change it to 1:1 click on the wrench on the top left (options) then click 'Dynamic Quality'. You should then be able to change playing and paused resolution to 1:1 which for your clips is 1920x1080.

Note this may result in slowdown if you make a number of complex adjustments, depending on your system

The tabs are greyed out because you are editing a Premiere file, not a native Speedgrade file. These tabs are not necessary as all those settings are set in Premiere. All the colour editing tools you need will appear when you click on the clip in the timeline you intend to edit.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Peter Barker
Re: Speedgrade: 1920 x 1080 Premiere Pro project showing up as 960 x 540 plus tabs are frozen
on Aug 4, 2014 at 1:55:58 pm

Thanks for taking the time to respond Tim! That's a big help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]