FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upside Down Clips in DPX Sequence

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donielle Brinkman
Upside Down Clips in DPX Sequence
on Dec 23, 2013 at 4:48:42 am

Hello all,

I am a newbie to the world of videography. I am a portrait photographer and am now trying my hand at video. Please forgive me if I speak "newbie" here.

I want to bang my head against a wall because I have been trying and trying to render a video with maximum quality using a Premiere Pro Speed Grade Round Trip and I keep experiencing one issue after the other. Tonight's headache is upside down clips. I started in Premiere Pro and created an EDL. Graded footage in Speedgrade and Rendered as DPX sequence. This is a 4 and a half minute clip. When I view the graded footage IN speedgrade, all okay. When I import the sequence into Premiere, I have two short clips that are playing UPSIDE DOWN all of a sudden. This must be happening when the DPX files are being created. Any ideas on what is happening? Thinking it could be a processing issue, I repeated my steps to see if I could get a good copy or if the clips would turn upside down randomly but the same two clips were upside on the dpx sequence the second attempt too. Thank you for any wisdom you have.

Return to posts index

Donielle Brinkman
Re: Upside Down Clips in DPX Sequence
on Dec 23, 2013 at 6:53:31 am

Update: I think I have isolated that the clips that are playing back upside down are ones that I slowed down in Premiere before sending the EDL to Speedgrade. I gather that Speedgrade doesn't like to work with speed changes? The strange thing is, speedgrade will render an mp4 without flipping those clips but the dpx files do get flipped. Grrr.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]