FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speedgrade and Frame Rate Problems!

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Bomboy
Speedgrade and Frame Rate Problems!
on Sep 25, 2013 at 8:47:19 pm

Hello,

I'm a high school teacher. I'm lucky in that we have Adobe CS6 (disk Version) and we run on new imacs and macbook pros. I want to use speedgrade with my students because it looks like it can do some amazing stuff.

Problem- I'm using EDLs from PRemiere because I've seen online that "Send to Speedgrade" from Premiere creates enormous files. I export and EDL, pull it into Speedgrade and then link the associated reels. Every time I do this, I come up with an error about frame rate. "The Frame rate of some of the new reels does not match the frame rate. We are shooting in AVCHD 1080 29.97fps. I have double and triple checked my project frame rates in premiere and I've also changed the fps in the settings panel of Speedgrade - Playback and Editing.

I'm frustrated. This looks loke a great tool I ant to make available to my students but I keep getting stuck!

Return to posts index

Jeff Halpin
Re: Speedgrade and Frame Rate Problems!
on Sep 26, 2013 at 4:57:15 pm

Somewhat O/T:

I'm having a similar issue importing .cine files into Speed Grade -- I can't locate the native frame rate and when I export, clips are in slow motion.

Reached out to Adobe via tweet yesterday, but have not heard back yet.

I'm still researching, I'll add to thread if I have anything useful!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]