FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speedgrade Render Times with Quadro 4000 (mac) vs. Resolve

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Howard
Speedgrade Render Times with Quadro 4000 (mac) vs. Resolve
on Sep 25, 2013 at 1:42:00 am

Hi there,

I'm really enjoying learning SpeedGrade CC and am excited to put into production, primarily as a means of transcoding Alexa and RED dailies for the spots we're cutting and finishing in house (the company is HutchCo Technologies in Los Angeles).

The one holdup is that, while it seems apparent that SpeedGrade is using our Quadro 4000 for playback, it doesn't seem to be leveraging the GPU at all for rendering. I've been running tests on some Alexa footage and getting consistent results. SpeedGrade CC is rendering out at between 5-7 fps while Resolve, with a similar grade applied to the exact same clip, renders at around 25fps. We have two 12 core Mac Pros, both using the Quadro 4000, and both give the same results.

Is anyone else having this issue and, if so, can you recommend any workarounds? Most of all I'd love to know for certain if SpeedGrade is using the GPU to render.

Thanks in advance for any insight. I tried posting this same question on the SpeedGrade forum at Adobe's site but the login window wouldn't load.

Jon

"If you wish to see the truth, then hold no opinions for or against anything. To set up what you like against what you dislike is the disease of the mind." - Sengstan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]