FORUMS: list search recent posts

shot matcher not working?

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
shot matcher not working?
on Jun 27, 2013 at 2:20:28 pm

Moving over to Speedgrade cc , viewed the tutorials and shot matcher is just not functioning for me. any one else having this issue. I mean I select it and nothing happens. Thanks.

Telly Award Winning Editor, Motion Gfx Artist, Colorist
MotionFoundry, Inc. Post: Verizon, GM, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, L'Oreal, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota

Return to posts index

Mike Molenda
Re: shot matcher not working?
on Jul 11, 2013 at 1:08:19 pm

Hi Brian,

This one had me stumped for a while too. Shot Matcher matches the color from your primary playhead, to the clip under your secondary playhead.

So you need to first create a secondary playhead, park that over the clip you want to receive the color match, park the #1 playhead over the clip from which you want to take the color data, select the #2 playhead, then click the shot matcher button.

It will not work unless there is a second playhead, and that playhead is active (highlighted orange).

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Jul 11, 2013 at 1:10:52 pm

Awesome Mike! Thanks.

I've been using Davinci Resolve Lite, but liked how speed grade integrated with PPro and AE... thinking of diving in more!

Telly Award Winning Editor, Motion Gfx Artist, Colorist
MotionFoundry, Inc. Post: Verizon, GM, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, L'Oreal, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota

Return to posts index

Mike Molenda
on Jul 11, 2013 at 6:52:53 pm

Good luck to you. I find Resolve a little more intuitive than SpeedGrade (especially as of version 9), but once you get the hang of SG, it's a pretty powerful piece of software.

It's absolutely worthwhile to take a look at the manual, since a good deal of SpeedGrade's functions (like shot matching) don't necessarily work the way you might think, or are only accessible through keyboard commands.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]