FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Instances of the Same Clip!

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Christian
Multiple Instances of the Same Clip!
on Mar 16, 2013 at 7:37:36 am

Hi there, first post here, but I've dipped in and out of these forums numerous times when Google-ing any technical issues, and so far found them to be very helpful :)

One thing I was wandering, for example;

I have a Music Video which is a Multicam Edit, so i have the wide shots, close ups, medium shots of the individual band members etc, and during the edit obviously i cut back to the same shot at different points in the video.

My question is, after i have sent my sequence to Speedgrade and the Software has imported my EDL, the timeline is in order etc. But I apply a grade to for example the master wide shot, then when i see another instance of that shot, the grade isn't applied.

I know on Davinci Resolve if i was to apply a grade to a shot it replicates the look across all instances of the clip in the timeline, is their anyway at all to make this happen in Speed Grade?

Thanks
Ben

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Multiple Instances of the Same Clip!
on Mar 16, 2013 at 6:58:53 pm

So far as I know, no there is not. Speedgrade does have a lot of undocumented features (seems like they put a lot of effort to get SG ready for primetime while neglecting documentation) so I would bounce to the Adobe forums where more of the SG team is available to you.

Beynd that, there are shortcuts to apply previous grades using both the mouse or the number pad http://helpx.adobe.com/speedgrade/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html

Feature request here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]