FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't "update" my DPX outputs??

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Schaap
Can't "update" my DPX outputs??
on Mar 6, 2013 at 6:03:04 pm

My workflow is to use the "Send to SpeedGrade" route to get my timeline into SG from Premiere. I do this because we mostly work with AVCHD content and SG won't ready that natively.

So I do my grade and then output a DPX sequence file, import that into Premiere and all is well... at least until I want to make a change. Often, I'll find a shot that I don't quite like and need to tweak. So I go back to SG and adjust it and then put the markers just around that particular clip. I output that section as a DPX sequence to the same folder as my original sequence (overwriting the DPX files in the shot that has changed). I then re-import the DPX sequence into Premiere but it remains unchanged! It is as if I made no changes at all... However, I can see by the file dates on the DPX files that I have actually overwritten them... what gives?

The only way I can get it to work is if I save the shot as a DPX to a different location and then bring that into Premiere as a independent clip. Then my changes are reflected.

I have been beating this up for a couple days and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Anyone have an idea?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]