FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-M100u - System Settings/Card error?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daron Pitts
JVC GY-M100u - System Settings/Card error?
on Dec 19, 2016 at 6:14:18 pm

Ok - this was totally my doing/my fault but I cannot for the LIFE of me figure out why or what I did.

I have a JVC GY-HM100u that has been working just fine.

I knew there were different settings on recording quality. 720/1080. So I have a shoot to do in a little while so I thought I'd check to see if indeed I had it set to its best/highest quality.

I noticed REC MODE was set to the highest....but SYSTEM SETTINGS was not. it was on (I honestly don't remember) I think 720/something. So I bumped it up to the top.

I then went to CAM/MEDIA to clear the card and in the top left corner square (it shows small squares in a grid - thumbnails of your footage), was "Others" literally in the small square, a graphic that said "Others". !@#$%^&???

Prior to changing that setting, I looked at the card on the computer - hooked via the camera - and it had files...

So I don't have a clue what I did. So what do clueless people do? FORMAT! So I knew the card could be cleared, so I went to MEDIA SETTINGS and FORMAT and it would not format - "An Error Occurred"

So I put the SD Card (both of them that were doing this) in the MacBook and went to Disk Utility and I noticed the cards were already MS-DOS FAT so I formatted them that way - then put them back in the camera and now I get RED numbers in the top right corner of the display (where it usually shows me how much time is left on the card) and "INSUFFICIENT SPACE" flashes on my display.

How in the !@#$%^ do I format these cards and get back to being able to use my camera?

Any help would be apprecieted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]