FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC Adixxion GC-XA2 bu ALERT

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter wicks
JVC Adixxion GC-XA2 bu ALERT
on Oct 15, 2015 at 6:54:50 am

Beware of JVC Adixxion cameras.

I purchased 3 JVC Adixxion GC-XA2 cameras to use outdoors, and make 3d videos. Two were sequential in serial number and were perfectly matched. The non-sequential serialed unit was optically about 3 - 4 degrees different to the other two, with a different wide angle stop setting, making an emergency camera swap over pointless, (the reason for 3 cameras) without tedious realignment of the entire setup.
After the warranty ran out, one of the good cameras developed problems, so no more 3d usage, before I even really got started. I'll fix it I thought.

I sent the faulty unit for repairs at a certified repairer, and quickly got a letter back.

"The circuit board required to repair this [two year old] unit is no longer available."

Still on sale as a 'new product' and PARTS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!

You may correctly assume that I am thoroughly disgusted in this poor poor state of affairs.

If your new JVC Adixxion camera has problems, it's already a throw away item as soon as the warranty expires.

And now I couldn't recommend anyone to buy one, not even to throw away.

Return to posts index

peter wicks
Re: JVC Adixxion GC-XA2 bu ALERT
on Nov 16, 2015 at 2:09:26 am

It's Official. After 3 phone calls to JVC's "customer service" not answered or returned, I finally got to speak to a human on the fourth phone call.

JVC said it wasn't financially viable to repair Adixxion GC-XA2 cameras.

They don't say that when they sell them to you.

They don't tell you that they are unrepairable disposable cameras.

The cost to me to have it uselessly looked at for repair, (when it cannot be repaired) can not be recovered.

Thanks a lot JVC.

I will tell everyone I can about your product quality, and customer care.

DO NOT BUY CONSUMER PRODUCTS FROM THIS UNCARING MOB.

Unless using them as temporary and disposable items.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]