FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY HD250- Need a 1080p Hard disk or Solid State Recorder Solution

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Five
JVC GY HD250- Need a 1080p Hard disk or Solid State Recorder Solution
on Mar 25, 2015 at 8:02:55 pm

Hello All,
We use three JVC GY HD250 cameras here on campus. Currently, I use the Focus Enhancements ProHd DR-HD100's when using them as a ENG setup without the studio and ccu attachments.. The best image I can get out of these Firestores is 720p from the firewire port. I cannot switch the camera menu to 1080 unless I hook up the studio unit from the camera so I don't even know i we can get a 1080p out the firewire port.

Is there a 1080p hard disk or solid state portable camera mounted record we can upgrade to? I have my eye on the AJA KiPro Quads or I guess sticking with Focus Enhancements if they have a solution.

Also, can the camera bodies be upgraded to 2K or 4K at all or will we have to buy newer versions.

Thanks for the knowledge in advance.

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
Re: JVC GY HD250- Need a 1080p Hard disk or Solid State Recorder Solution
on Mar 27, 2015 at 9:18:03 am

Hi Johnny,
camera bodies can't be upgraded to 4K. You would need new studio cameras. I think that JVC will realease new ones at the NAB.

About the recorder, AJA KiPro are very expansive, for your need a BMD Hyperdeck shuttle would be nice. It supports several options for recording, and uses a standard SSD drive as storage unit, so very cheap and fast at the same time. They offer the best price per GB and the best price per performace.

Be careful to used units, there are two models and the first one, discontinued, can record uncompressed only.

Best Regards,

Paolo
http://www.ivsEdits.com

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]