FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips from JVC Camcorder playback error when played on a panasonic

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitchell Huie
Clips from JVC Camcorder playback error when played on a panasonic
on Sep 30, 2014 at 7:53:44 pm

Hello, not sure where I should have posted this but I have an SD card from someone who recorded clips on their JVC everio Camcorder. It plays back on my Panasonic SDR-S26 but a few random clips have an exclamation mark, meaning corrupt or needs repair. If i repair these clips, the timestamp will become inaccurate. For Example, there will be a clip that is 5 minutes long. The clip will start at 9:50, continue to 9:52 and then reset back to 9:50 for the remaining 3 minutes. Can't find a solution anywhere. Anyone know why this would happen? and if theres a solution? other than using the original JVC camera to playback on?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Clips from JVC Camcorder playback error when played on a panasonic
on Jan 30, 2015 at 5:54:22 pm

I know this post is months old, but feel it needs a response.

Each camera vendor may use their own variations of AVCHD (or other) recording formats. It is NOT standardized and there should be no expectation that a Panasonic camera will play a card from a JVC, or a Canon camera to play a Sony card. For that matter, one Sony camera may not play a card from another Sony, as file formats and bit rates and such can change between models and the "playback" camera may not recognize certain files on the card.

That said - why do you even need to play from a camera? The standard workflow is to copy the SD card to a computer hard drive and edit in an NLE program such as Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas. And from there, export to a "standard" format such as .mp4 that can be played on pretty much any computer, tablet, etc., or can be exported as MPEG-2 and burned to DVD, or whatever. But the "raw" clips on the card should not be relied on for general playback.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]