FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC890U with a cannon lens

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Hill
JVC890U with a cannon lens
on Sep 12, 2014 at 4:01:26 pm

Hello. I have a JVC 890U with a cannon lens and we are having a little trouble with the focus. I have seen some trouble inside shooting but most of the time it is outside. We Adjust the filter to the lighting conditions, Focus using the viewfinder, and with the focus assist on zoom out and set shot and it all looks fine but when we look at the video it is unusable. The footage is out of focus and has a hazy look to it. I have adjusted the back focus using a back focus chart and I am still having trouble. Was wondering if anyone was having the same issue and if there was a secondary menu where I have to set the lens? I can not find the secondary menu if there is one?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Feger
Re: JVC890U with a cannon lens
on Oct 21, 2014 at 6:58:02 pm

Having the same issue using a Cannon KT14x4.4KRSJ. Took the lens to Cannon to check back-focus, they said it's performing within specs. All looks fine in camera viewfinder but when I get back to base it's soft/hazy. I can't find anything on this, very frustrating. I just changed the record format to H.264 1920x1080 30p (XHQ) need to test to see if it helps.

Richard Feger
Senior Multimedia Producer
Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]