FORUMS: list search recent posts

CCD or CMOS (600, 750 or 850)?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Gale
CCD or CMOS (600, 750 or 850)?
on Mar 3, 2014 at 6:12:32 pm

Hi - I'm looking for some opinions/advice. We have budgeted for a new HD camcorder to replace our decade plus old GY-DV500.

A couple of strong options I was considering are the HM750 with 17x lens and the yet to be released HM850 with 20x lens. I have only had a chance to test-drive the HM600. I would prefer a shoulder mount camera as it would fit better into my current set-up.

The 750 has 1/3" Progressive CCDs, while the 600 and 850 have three 12-bit 1/3" CMOS Sensors. I'm guessing the 850 lens is a little better since is removable, but I'm not sure.

What type of sensors would I be better off with for everyday use? I'd be using the camcorder inside and outside, green screen, hot summers, very cold winters, adequate light, low light, etc.

Obviously nothing in this price range will be the 'magic bullet' but I'm just wondering what you folks think would serve my needs the best.

Thanks for any advice/opinions you can offer.

Thanks,
Bob

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: CCD or CMOS (600, 750 or 850)?
on Mar 6, 2014 at 11:39:21 pm
Last Edited By Ty Ford on Mar 6, 2014 at 11:41:25 pm

Hi Bob,

Although I was expecting the 650 to be sharper than the 750. his has not been the case. I have a friend with a 750 and his image is noticeably sharper. Don't know if it's my camera of what yet. Still looking into it.

He's using a Fujinon XT17SX4.5BRM K1 lens instead of the stock 750 lens. Don't know if that's the difference or not.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]