FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC HM 650 - Audio streaming?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
JVC HM 650 - Audio streaming?
on Feb 7, 2014 at 3:56:14 am

HI,

I have a JVC 650 and would like to use it to stream over a local wifi. I can access the video, but although the audio meters on the camera show audio, that's not being passed when I log into 10.0.1.28, I only see video. No audio.

Got a fix?

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Craig Yanagi
Re: JVC HM 650 - Audio streaming?
on Feb 14, 2014 at 1:48:36 am

Ty,

I believe you're accessing just the camera controls remotely via the camcorder's IP address through internet. In this camera monitoring and control operation there is no audio passing through. However, when the camcorder is linked to an IP address, the video stream will contain audio as being captured/recorded.

Another way to look at this is that someone can control the camcorder separately via an internet connection (like a producer located in another part of the country) while it is streaming.

I hope this helps. Please contact our help dest at 800.582.5825 if you need additional assistance.

Cordially,
- Craig

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Feb 14, 2014 at 2:36:23 am

Hi Craig,

Thanks fpr that. Yes, remote control, but the picture is available on my ipad or other computer logged into the right url. And when I move the zoom controls, the image of what the camera is seeing zooms accordingly on the ipad or computer with very little delay.

This was a search for a system that would allow one device to "broadcast" real time audio (a microphone) via a local wifi network to a high number of smart phones with wifi capability.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Craig Yanagi
on Feb 14, 2014 at 3:01:29 am

Ty,

That's correct, the camcorder enables real-time monitoring of the camcorder's imaging in compressed form, providing a proxy image for remote imaging controls. There is no audio in this interface, just video and control signals.

The audio signal is embedded in the actual video stream from the camcorder, which is transmitted by establishing a connection from the camcorder IP address out to a server. This is a different and separate connection than what you have by accessing the camcorder's IP address from a smart device.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]