FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HM750U Record limit?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Comer
JVC GY-HM750U Record limit?
on Jul 26, 2013 at 1:43:56 pm

My job uses the JVC GY-HM750U. On a couple of shoots where I needed to record longer events, I have ended up getting multiple split clips instead of one continuous clip. I shot a 22 minute presentation yesterday and I got a 14 minute clip and an 8 minute clip. I understand there is a limit on DSLR of 12 minutes/4Gb, but didn't think this was an issue with a professional, dedicated camcorder.

Is this a "feature"? Or is something set wrong?

Cards are formatted in the camera.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
Re: JVC GY-HM750U Record limit?
on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:31:42 pm

That is normal, even in continuous mode, it'll split clips at 4GB. This is due to the camera using FAT32 as the format type for SD cards. So technically, it's a limitation of FAT32.

Return to posts index

Randy Burleson
on Aug 26, 2013 at 10:03:53 pm

I have experienced the same thing, but didn't know it was a limitation of the card.
I thought the separate clips should go together seamlessly but my editor informed me that there is a 12-15 frames of gap and that the 2 clips are not seamless in the recording or ingest.
Could there be something wrong with the camera or the ingest process? We are ingesting from a card reader directly into FCP X.

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Aug 27, 2013 at 5:34:23 pm

I use PPro CC (and CS6) and my clips are seamless when put on the timeline.

If all else fails, I guess you could use the software that came with the camera, I believe it'll merge the clips into one large clip.

Return to posts index

Randy Burleson
on Feb 11, 2014 at 9:45:11 pm

It's really more of a pain when you have 3 cameras that you are trying to do a Multi-cam edit on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]