Can't view files

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Carr
Can't view files
on May 21, 2013 at 1:55:49 pm

Greetings Cow Community:

I'm in trouble - please help!

I recently shot two days worth of video on my extremely reliable JVC-GY-HD200 camera. The camera was set up to shoot at 1080i-60. All files were recording to my DTE DR-HD100 hard drive. I've used this set up years and never had a problem.

Every single shot was reviewed in camera and looked great. Normally, after the shoot is over, I plug the drive into my Mac Pro and I can view the files right off the drive. I then transfer them to an editing drive on my computer. Now, when I attempt to open the files on my computer - either on the camera hard drive or the computer hard drive - I get a pop up that reads: "the document [file number] could not be opened. The files are all there and each file is reasonably sized- around 60 to 200 MB.

I've used this set up numerous times, but this is the first time I've had a problem with it. Is it possible I did something wrong with the camera set up? I looks normal to me, but I could be missing something. It's been a few months since I shot in HD.

I tried to open the files with FCP and I get a general error. When I attempt to open them with MPEG Streamclip or Visual Hub, they won't recognize the file type.

I'm very frustrated as you can imagine. Please help if you can.

Thanks

Rick Carr
Gulfstream Creative Media

Return to posts index

Rick Carr
Re: Can't view files
on May 21, 2013 at 7:34:45 pm

Solved my own problem - but thanks anyway. This might have been covered before, but for slow movers like me, I'll post the fix. Vintec, the new name for Focus Enhancements (ProHD, Firestore, etc) has released a patch to work for 7.7 version of Quicktime. The patch for Mac is:

http://www.vitecmm.com/fileadmin/downloads/Support_Downloads/Focus/FS-5/Sof...

The PC patch is at:

http://www.vitecmm.com/fileadmin/downloads/Support_Downloads/Focus/FS-5/Sof...

I don't use PC, so I can't tell you how it's done there, but on Mac, you just drag the downloaded applet to your desktop. Drag the files onto to applet and it instantly converts them. Yeah!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]