FORUMS: list search recent posts

Used GY-HD100U durability?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Calvin Crane
Used GY-HD100U durability?
on May 13, 2013 at 12:05:47 am

Help. Anyone experienced any specific GY-HD100U issues or things to look for on an used camera? I’m looking at used miniDV cameras and this model looks like a good way to go. FYSA (For your situational awareness) I’m setting up a small production capability after a long absence and thought I would start in inexpensively and tape-based for now and graduate to disk based formats down range. I forgot to mention that I’ll be editing the acquired footage in FCP 7 on an older model (Harperstown chipset) Mac Pro. Thanks ahead of time from anyone who knows this particular camera. Appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Paul Lewis
Re: Used GY-HD100U durability?
on Jun 5, 2013 at 3:24:48 pm

Hi Cal,
I use a JVC GY-HD200U, and I record to a Datavideo DN-60 CF card recorder. That way it's a HDV quality with a file based workflow. And no drop outs to worry about. Just make sure the firewire port works on the cam you purchase. You can find DN-60's on ebay for around $500.

Cheers,
Paul Lewis

Return to posts index

Calvin Crane
Re: Used GY-HD100U durability?
on Jun 5, 2013 at 4:19:09 pm

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your reply. I latched onto a nice used GY-HD200U and am pretty pleased so far. Appreciate the input on the DN-60. I plan to record on tape and digitize keeper takes for now. The next project will upload to the net anyway so no great need for HD.

I'm on the hunt for a shotgun microphone bracket as the used camera did not have one. It DID have a nice AB Tandem 70 charger/power supply and a single Dionics battery however, so I'm pretty pleased.

Calvin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]