FORUMS: list search recent posts

.MOV clips broken into small clips

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Pestes
.MOV clips broken into small clips
on Apr 15, 2013 at 4:39:22 pm

I have an HM600 and shoot in the .mov wrapper. When I import the footage, long clips are broken into smaller 13 gig files. I can have several files from a one hour seminar shoot. Is there a way to keep the footage as one large file? I know I can just drop them into the timeline together but my browser gets cluttered and it would be much simpler to have just one file.

ronpesteshdvideo.com
Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
JVC GY-HM600
MacBook Pro
Dell M6600
Adobe CS6 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
Re: .MOV clips broken into small clips
on Nov 27, 2013 at 4:15:38 pm

Hi

Ok explain what do you mean broken up into small clips..... If you take a 1 min clip... does it auto break it up into small clips of a few seconds each ?

Or if you shoot a 16GB card of lets say 120 clips you see 120 clips...... Or do you want to see 1 clip as you would in the days when you logged and captured ?! And then had to scrub to see the different clips ?

Just need to know

William

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Nov 27, 2013 at 4:51:06 pm

OK, say I shoot for one hour straight with never stopping the camera. It will make a new clip every 13 gig of recording which is about 12 to 13 minutes if I remember correctly. My old Sony EX-3 did this too but when I played them back they looked like one clip with no breaks. On the timeline it was just one solid clip. The JVC has 4 or 5 clips per hour because it does not import them as one continuous clip even though the camera shot it as one clip.

ronpesteshdvideo.com
JVC GY-HM600
Dell M6600
Adobe CS6 Production Premium
MacBook Pro
Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:05:20 pm

Hi

Ok well the JVC does that, its the way it works with the clips. BUT when you put them back to back in the timeline... Its one mark to the frame.... seamless...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]