FORUMS: list search recent posts

jvc gy-hd110e and software

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Ingledew
jvc gy-hd110e and software
on Sep 12, 2011 at 1:13:56 pm

i have a jvc Gy-Hd110E. I cannot get it to work with Windows 7 or Xp. Is this camcorder compatible or is it too old to work with this software? How can I get it to work with Windows 7 and xp? I am connecting the camcorder to my laptop using the 6 pin ieee1394 firewire socket on the camcorder to the 4 pin socket on the laptop but neither my laptop or my PC will accept it. I have spoke to someone at jvc and they don't seem to know. I have also spoken to someone at my local computer shop and they said the problem is trying to marry old technology with new.

If it won't work then I will have to get rid of it. I hope someone has some positive answers. If not just give me the bad news and I will know where I stand.

Adam

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: jvc gy-hd110e and software
on Sep 12, 2011 at 5:47:43 pm

What exactly are you trying to do? Windows is an operating system. It has no use for the footage from the camera. You need an application that is designed to diplay, play, or edit digital video. And in this case on that can deal with HDV.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]