FORUMS: list search recent posts

GY HD100 Image Issue

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Trauger
GY HD100 Image Issue
on Aug 21, 2011 at 10:19:51 pm

Greetings!

A buddy of mine came to me with a camera today that is displaying a less than ideal image. I've never seen anything like it before and we are wondering what it is and what might have caused it if any technicians/engineers can weigh in with thoughts.

The issue is obvious. There is an apparent blue hue cast over a significant portion of the screen. This overlay shows up on recorded tape, the viewfinder & LCD screens, as well as on any display connected to the video out ports on the camera. The lens was also changed out in order to eliminate that as a cause.

Closer inspection reveals a slightly offset image that appears within the region shaded in blue (not a continuation of the rest of the picture). I would describe it as almost being a misalignment.

Has anyone ever seen this before and know how to properly document it so that it can be accurately described, quoted, and repaired?

Thanks for your time!!

- Steve

Return to posts index

Francisco Gonzalez
Re: GY HD100 Image Issue
on Feb 11, 2012 at 9:55:53 am

Steve, I am Having the same issue with my GY HD 100. It started after I had shoot some footage that looked great, then I turned the camera off and back on and exactly the same Double image, like in your pictures came up.

I noticed, no one responded to your tread. I wonder how did you solve the problem? can you help me?

SIncerely,

Return to posts index

Steven Trauger
Re: GY HD100 Image Issue
on Feb 11, 2012 at 3:28:55 pm

Hi Francisco,

I reached out to my friend for an update per your request. I was informed that when he contacted JVC about the issue they told him it was due to a bad CCD block and that it is an expensive repair with no garuntees that the issue will be resolved and work properly after the work is completed. You might want to ask and find out for yourself, but hope that steers you in the right direction.

- Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]