FORUMS: list search recent posts

GY-HM700 with Fujinon XT17sx4.5BRM lens FOCUS ISSUE

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay Simpson
GY-HM700 with Fujinon XT17sx4.5BRM lens FOCUS ISSUE
on Jul 7, 2011 at 10:18:39 pm

Hi all,

Just got my hands back on this camera set up from a colleague who has had it on location. It's a GY-HM700 with a Fujinon XT17sx4.5BRM lens.

I have had minimal hands-on experience with this camera until now and find myself stumped by an inability to get the picture in focus. As far as I can tell the lens is properly attached and adjusted. I just pulled video that the previous operator shot recently and it appeared crisp and clear. I've gone through all of the in-camera menu options to no avail and of course find myself on the road with no manual to reference.

The only success I have had so far is when I am zoomed 100%. I can achieve a crisp focus, but as a back away the image is quickly lost to blur. Is this related to the Macro feature of the lens or perhaps the lens/camera connection? Maybe it was jostled during transfer.

Any thoughts you might have will be appreaciated. I'm feeling pretty silly right now...
Lindsay

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: GY-HM700 with Fujinon XT17sx4.5BRM lens FOCUS ISSUE
on Jul 8, 2011 at 11:42:19 pm

[Lindsay Simpson] "The only success I have had so far is when I am zoomed 100%. I can achieve a crisp focus, but as a back away the image is quickly lost to blur. Is this related to the Macro feature of the lens or perhaps the lens/camera connection? Maybe it was jostled during transfer."

Hi,
Sounds like the back focus is out.
But before you adjust it, make sure the lens is not in the macro position, and is firmly in the 'normal' detent.
If that is as it should be, then you need to set the back focus.
Be sure to use minimal lighting during the back focus adjustment so you can run the lens wide open.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]