FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unsupported Scene - JVC GY-HM100U

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hoover
Unsupported Scene - JVC GY-HM100U
on Jun 30, 2011 at 3:49:14 pm

Hello all!

I am shooting on the camera listed in the topic, and one of my clips in the Media area where you can view clips appears as a Question mark. When you click the scene, it says "Unsupported Scene!" and will not open.

I tried importing the file to my computer. I edit on Final Cut Pro, and when I try to open it in Quicktime it reads, "The document “124_0042_01.MOV” could not be opened. The movie is not in a format that QuickTime Player understands." The file itself is 3.7GB, so I can tell there is media there. The rest of the scenes from this shoot open up and edit just fine.

The file is an important close up shot that I need, so I am hoping there is some way to recover it. I tried Final Cut Pro, Quicktime, Compressor, and even Streamclip, and nothing seems to accept it or open it. If anyone has any ideas, it'd be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.

Return to posts index

André Engelhardt
Re: Unsupported Scene - JVC GY-HM100U
on Jul 1, 2011 at 7:38:55 am

Hi John,

Sounds very much like a corrupted clip due to a failure from the SD card. I'm wondering if you've tried playing back the clip in the camera and if that gives you an error?

Before making any big changes to the card I'd use duplication program to make an identical disk image of the card as you have it now and to work from that to find a solution. You can use apps like DiskUtility, Toast etc. to create an image from the SD card.

There are several tools to recover corrupted data from SD cards, SanDisk's is one that I've used a few times on corrupted CF cards but so far (knock on wood) I haven't had to recover any video from the HM100. If you have SanDisk memory cards you probably have a voucher somewhere to download and register it.

If not I've seen this application being recommended a lot, maybe that will help you out:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

Good luck!

André

--
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer
Videographer
http://www.andreengelhardt.net

Return to posts index

Tsjerk van Doornik
on Aug 13, 2011 at 4:07:52 pm

Hello André,

I am having the same problem with my HM100, and it happened with a lot of files, on two different SD cards. I'm not sure what to do. Should I try the possible solutions you mentioned earlier in the topic?

Thanks in advance.
T.J.

Return to posts index

Andy Ferrett
on Mar 5, 2013 at 11:25:07 am

Has anyone managed to solve this problem? We're having the same issue.

Andy

Return to posts index

André Engelhardt
on Mar 6, 2013 at 7:35:54 am

Not that I'm aware sadly, it appears however that it has to do with the memory cards themselves, so far I've only managed to replicate this once by recording to a knowingly broken memory card with no way to recover the data. With tested and working brand memory cards I have not yet encountered this issue *knock on wood*.

What brand/class card are you using? Maybe it's really just a certain combo of memory cards causing the issue.

--
André Engelhardt
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer
http://www.soundr.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]