FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Issue JVC HM100U - 2 mics?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niya Shah
Audio Issue JVC HM100U - 2 mics?
on May 29, 2011 at 8:10:57 pm

Hello, apologies if this is a newbie question...

I recently purchased a wireless lav mic as I will be shooting interviews in the field. When I plug in the mic/transmitter, all of a sudden I can't use my boom mic - am I missing something?

I tried playing around with the switches, to be honest I would love a primer on how the channel 1 and channel 2 work, anyone point me in a good direction so I can school myself on this?

In the meantime, I would appreciate any help in getting both mics to work...

Cheers,
Niya

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Carter
Re: Audio Issue JVC HM100U - 2 mics?
on Jun 2, 2011 at 12:52:11 am

You can plug the camera mic in one channel, and the wireless in another - then be sure to set CH 2 input to CH 2 not CH 1. This is the left most switch on the audio panel (where the XLR jacks are). Also make sure phantom power is set to 'on' on the channel that the camera mic is plugged into.

Now you will have two separate channels of audio, one for each mic.

Return to posts index

Niya Shah
on Jun 3, 2011 at 12:44:12 am

Thanks so the problem is that the wireless mic goes into a small plug on the main camera body above the headphone jack. When this wireless mic is plugged in, my manual says I have to remove the audio in cable from the audio in terminal - this cable is what connects channel 1/channel to the camera. It seems I can't do both at once for some reason...I was looking into buying a cable adapter that has a male xlr and 3.5mm in order to use the channel inputs and just not use the 3.5 mic input.

This is reference to the JVC HM100u - hope this makes sense....anyone have this problem?

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Carter
on Jun 3, 2011 at 1:07:59 am

I was assuming you were using the handle which has XLR jacks. This gives you much more control over audio.

Return to posts index

Niya Shah
on Jun 3, 2011 at 1:15:06 am

That is exactly what I want to use...however my wireless lav set did not come with xlr inputs - so sounds like I need to buy an adapter that has 3.5mm to male xlr pin...

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Carter
on Jun 3, 2011 at 12:41:43 pm

That would be best. A lot of newer mic sets have stereo 1/8" jacks for balanced audio out, using a stereo 1/8 to XLR cable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]