FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC PROHD Camcorder SD Card Corrupt Clip

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Elder
JVC PROHD Camcorder SD Card Corrupt Clip
on May 17, 2011 at 10:08:33 pm

Hey CC Community;

I was helping out for a shoot this weekend with the JVC PROHD cam and while I was transferring footage to my drive, some very nice sweet little 11 year old decided to yank the SD card out of my computer while I stepped away from my computer. SO, now I can't get that clip to transfer at all, I've tried opening and saving as in quicktime, repairing SD card, opening in FCP and saving a ref file. I don't know how to repair these clips, if possible in the JVC or on some other platform.

Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, thoughts, etc?

P&T
Daniel

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.luminair.com

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
Re: JVC PROHD Camcorder SD Card Corrupt Clip
on May 20, 2011 at 7:27:15 am

Hi Daniel....

I have never had any success with these of problems. Sadly I have not even found any software that can repair these clips.. It's broken.... This is one of the issues with SD and s okie state media....

Regards

Will Granzier

Return to posts index

Daniel Elder
on May 20, 2011 at 7:32:12 am

That stinks, not a selling point for me. Rule of thumb, don't let unintelligent kids by your tech even for one second.

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.luminair.com

Return to posts index

Jim Ray
on Jan 23, 2012 at 10:01:31 pm

Dan,
Have you found a way to fix corrupted video files off your SD cards? I am dealing with a similar incident and found that a freeware program called "testdisk" was able to rebuilt a lost partition on the SD card. Try it.

Jim

Director/Producer/Videographer/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]