FORUMS: list search recent posts

.mp4 audio issue on import. Premier cs4

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Dexter
.mp4 audio issue on import. Premier cs4
on Apr 12, 2011 at 11:52:18 pm

Hi
I have an infuriating problem that I cannot resolve. I have .mp4 format clips from a jvc gy hm 700. I import them into premier cs4 and there are intermittent sound break ups on many clips. They take the form of a load hiss that appears and disappears. On each import the hiss appears in exactly the same place on the timeline.
I did think that this was a problem with the camera but when I play back the clips in VLC player there is no hiss. The audio plays flawlessly.
We were using the onboard mic and monitoring audio during the takes there was no apparent hiss audible in the earpiece. Sound was set to auto during the shoot.
This hiss has appeared when using different cameras of the same model on different occasions.
My Premier sequence is xdcam ex and matches the footage except that the sequence audio default is 48000Hz Stereo and the imported clip is 48000Hz Compressed Stereo if that makes any difference.

If VLC can decode the same clip without the interference why can Premier not do the same?

Thanks in advance for any help. I hope that that is enough information to help resolve the issue.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Peter Dexter
Re: .mp4 audio issue on import. Premier cs4
on Apr 13, 2011 at 6:53:27 am

I did this. I used VLC player to create an audio file from my .mp4 clip
I imported this .wav into premier. No hiss, a nice fat wav with no disturbance. I imported the .mp4 into premier and the audio has a hiss.
I replaced the .mp4 audio with my wav and I now have faultless sound.
It is a workaround however we are making a documentary and will be generating a shed load of footage. To have to do that with each clip seems rather silly.
I really would appreciated any insight into this issue as it is bugging me greatly.

Cheers

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]