FORUMS: list search recent posts

HM700 is grainy, suggestions?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Oliver
HM700 is grainy, suggestions?
on Apr 1, 2011 at 1:44:32 am

I have an HM700. I really love the camera, I have had it for about a year.

There seems to be a lot of video noise and grain in the picture. I have seen videos shot on this camera on the net and they look amazing.

What picture settings are currently being recommended for the camera? If i shoot in the mp4 format will the grain go away?

Ive done so many tests, I don't know what is up or down anymore. Any help anyone could give me for getting the best out of this awesome camera, would be grand.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Ben Oliver
Re: HM700 is grainy, suggestions?
on Apr 10, 2011 at 9:43:28 pm

help?

Return to posts index

Charlie Cogar
on Apr 15, 2011 at 6:13:36 pm

Hi Ben,

We have three GY-HM700U cams used in both studio and field production. Two have the Fujinon Th17X5BRMU lenses. Cam settings are 1280X720 at 60p HQ. We use Toshiba, Sandisk, Transcend and iData 16GB cards without any troubles. We've been physically taking the cams directly to our Macs to transfer files as it seems if you pop the cards and put them in a card reader it's necessary to reformat the cards when you put them back in the cam. (You can't pick up where you left off like a cassette. Are we doing something wrong?)

In both applications they make beautiful pix and are thoroughly reliable except for the "dead pixel" syndrome which is a known problem. (It happens on the cam which came off the first JVC production line a few years ago.)

We recently took delivery of a GY-HM100U and haven't thoroughly used it yet. I loused up the first field shoot as I inadvertently kept triggering several buttons as I cradled, held and moved the cam around.

I hope this helps.

Charlie C.

Return to posts index

Andy Urtusuastegui
on Apr 16, 2011 at 4:45:06 am

Shoot in 720p mode and try lowering the detail level. It should help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]