FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Channels on the JVC GY-HM700

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lavis
Audio Channels on the JVC GY-HM700
on Mar 30, 2011 at 8:45:11 am

Hi

I have just recently purchased a JVC GY-HM700 and am really enjoying using it and its quick workflow. But i have noticed an audio problem in FCP (probably a setting i need to change).

Il start at the beginning, I have two mics usually plugged straight into the camera, a top mic plugged into input 1 (set to auto) and then a second boom mic plugged into input 2 (set to manual). I also have the CH-2 Input set to Input2.

When i import the clips into my timeline in FCP i get two audio tracks which is great but when i come to select an individual track it wont let me and just selects both.

How can i set up the camera or FCP to allow me to say select the second audio track recorded from the boom and not the camera mic?

I hope you can help.

Many thanks

Mike

Return to posts index

Charles Wannop
Re: Audio Channels on the JVC GY-HM700
on Mar 30, 2011 at 9:02:11 am

It sounds like a Final Cut trick... click on the audio tracks then deselect "Stereo Pair" under the Modify menu. Tracks should now be separated.

Charles.

Return to posts index

Michael Lavis
on Mar 30, 2011 at 10:17:58 am

U Beauty, cheers mate. Its worked.

Many thanks

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Lavis
on Mar 30, 2011 at 10:22:33 am

But, just another quick one. This is obviously gonna be a slight hassle if i have to do this from now on, is there a way to set up FCP so when i input the clips this setting is already activated. Also noticing that the pan is always set to either left or right and im having to adjust that as well????

mike

Return to posts index

Charles Wannop
on Mar 30, 2011 at 10:53:04 am

Yeah I meant to mention the PAN setting :-)
I might pass this over the FCP experts - it looks like the clip's audio settings take precedence over the sequence sequence pre-set.
Funny thing is, my KiPro does the opposite (leaves the clips with dual mono centre panned) and it drives me nuts :-) But in the long run it's a pretty small inconvenience compared with having to trans-code or log and transfer.

c

Return to posts index

Michael Lavis
on Mar 30, 2011 at 1:14:24 pm

Thanks for your help, that makes sense. Will you pass it on for me, or should i re-post this in the fcp forum?

Mike

Return to posts index

Charles Wannop
on Apr 1, 2011 at 9:17:32 am

Go for it :-)

Charles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]