FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do capture cards exist for multi-cam using JVC GY-DV500?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Fox
Do capture cards exist for multi-cam using JVC GY-DV500?
on Dec 31, 2010 at 7:21:14 pm

Hi. I'm preparing for a multi cam shoot using 3 JVC GY-DV500 cameras and was wondering if capture cards exist for multi cam shoots. The capture card (or device that holds one) would be connected to a Videoonics camera switcher mixer. Is there such a device? This would be a time saving advantage because digitizing to Final Cut Pro though a DV Deck would take a while.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Carter
Re: Do capture cards exist for multi-cam using JVC GY-DV500?
on Jan 1, 2011 at 2:49:54 pm

If the switcher has a firewire out port you could A) capture to a Firestore or similar device B) go direct into a laptop with firewire and capture to FCP live.

If the switcher does not have a port, you could go composite into a MiniDV deck that has a firewire port out and do the above.

I use a Firestore recorder for my GY-DV500 since the tape deck went out and it works great with drag and drop to FCP or Avid.

If you do the (B) scenario above, you can get a safety of the switched program on tape while digitizing live to FCP. This has the advantage if FCP stops in the middle of the shoot for some reason, you've got the tape as a safety back-up.

Return to posts index

Mike Fox
Re: Do capture cards exist for multi-cam using JVC GY-DV500?
on Jan 4, 2011 at 4:20:59 pm

Thanks Jeffrey. I'll give one or two of those options a shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]