FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HM100U with Windows/PowerDirector or Quicktime

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracy Whiteside
JVC GY-HM100U with Windows/PowerDirector or Quicktime
on Dec 26, 2010 at 6:29:29 pm

JVC HD Memory Card Camera Recorder Model #GY-HM100U

I have Windows. I have downloaded every program recommended--including PowerDirectorDeluxe 8, Quicktime 7 and Quicktime 7 Pro, DivX among many others.

We haved tried recording in MOV and MP4. We have tried it on 3 different computers.

My husband and I have researched online for days, but can't open the files--all I can get is audio.

Is it possible JVC is not compatible with Windows? Do I have to spend $1,000 on Final Cut Pro AND buy a Mac?

Does anyone know the secret to this mystery?

Thanks in advance!!

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Carter
Re: JVC GY-HM100U with Windows/PowerDirector or Quicktime
on Dec 28, 2010 at 3:01:35 pm

For use on a PC, you must use the .MP4 files. .MOV files will ONLY work on a MAC with FCP installed (they will not play on a MAC that does not have FCP on it).

.MP4 files can be played on a PC IF you have the JVC clip browser software installed (it's free and included on the disc that came with the camera or can be downloaded off the JVC site). You can also use Sony's better (and free) XDCAM EX clip browser software.

As for editing, I'm not sure on a PC... I know Sony Vegas, AVID MC, and Adobe Premiere will work with these .MP4 files. Other editors I'm not sure about, especially Microsoft and other free editing software.

You could use Streamclip (free off the web) to convert the files to .AVI and use it with Microsoft's editing program.

Hope this helps...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]