FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Unable to Initialize" with my JVC BR-HD50 deck with Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Escher
"Unable to Initialize" with my JVC BR-HD50 deck with Final Cut Pro
on Oct 31, 2010 at 2:31:09 pm

Hi,

I just bought a new mac pro and ported the hard drive contents over from my old machine. Here is the problem... I am having an issue with Final Cut controlling and recognizing my JVC BR-HD50 deck when I attempt to use the log and capture aspect of Final Cut. When I choose log and capture the program opens a dialog box which tells me "Unable to initialize video deck. You may still log offline clips or use capture now" with an "ok" button in the lower right corner. I have been able to capture by using the deck in local control, but obviously without matching time code. As before, I have the easy setup to capture in AJA Kona LH 720p 59.94 Apple Prores 422 and have my device control preset as AJA Kona LH: 59.94 Panasomic VTR.

I have a Kona LHe installed (with the new firmware) and use the AJA LHe breakout box. I've checked my RS-422 connection and even swapped ends and reattached the cable. I also played around with the deck's front switches (remote-local control, input select, etc...) without any luck. I've trashed the Final Cut preferences as well.

I am following the HDV workflow as reccomended in this Kona PDF (http://www.aja.com/pdf/support/AJA_whitepaper_HDV.pdf) and nothing seems to be working... Anyone have any suggestions on what I might be missing?

Return to posts index

Michael Escher
Re: "Unable to Initialize" with my JVC BR-HD50 deck with Final Cut Pro
on Oct 31, 2010 at 10:50:13 pm

I've been playing around with the easy setups and find that when I change the preset from the "AJA KONA LH - 720p 59.94 Apple ProRes 442" and then back again that Final Cut Pro gives me a dialog box that reads "This computer does not have any serial ports matching those specified by the current device control preset. You will need to set the port."

I don't remember running into this issue in the past. Does anyone have any idea of what needs to be done to get this set up to work again?

Michael Escher

Return to posts index

Michael Escher
Re: "Unable to Initialize" with my JVC BR-HD50 deck with Final Cut Pro
on Nov 1, 2010 at 4:36:03 pm

I contacted AJA this morning and was instructed to use the "AJA Uninstaller" and reinstall the AJA driver. It solved the problem!

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]