FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost my audio monitor output on GY-HM700 camera. Fixable?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Popolo
Lost my audio monitor output on GY-HM700 camera. Fixable?
on Oct 14, 2010 at 1:48:35 am

Hi,
My headphone output has appeared to stop working on my JVC GY-HM700 camera (both mini jacks, including that little ear speaker). I have the volume turned up. The audio displays and records fine, but I can't monitor it (which can be very problematic when judging quality of sound, particularly with a line in source).
I can't find any "mute" setting anywhere in menus, or physical switch (or in the operators manual).
Does anyone know if this is a common problem? Is it fixable from a software reset somewhere? Or am i looking at a service call?
Thanks
Anthony

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
Re: Lost my audio monitor output on GY-HM700 camera. Fixable?
on Oct 16, 2010 at 5:08:39 am

Hi Anthony

Are u sure that you have checked the port that its working with a pair of headphones ?

I know its a dumb question but just asking. A mate of mine had a similar issue, but the little speaker was damaged, the actual plug that plugs into the cam ! The port was fine ??

Regards

Will

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Oct 20, 2010 at 1:29:16 pm

I've got a crazy idea for you I used to use on my old Sony DVcam when the plug went bad. You can get an RCA pair to 1/8" Y adapter and plug in to those outputs. That repair will probably cost a few hundred dollars, that adapter is $4 at Radio Shack.

Chuck

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
on Oct 20, 2010 at 3:34:30 pm

Ah, not such a crazy idea. I completely forgot there are RCA outs (I've never needed to use them). Good workaround. Thanks.
I was secretly hoping my problem was fixable through some hidden menu.

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Oct 21, 2010 at 2:19:57 pm

Sure thing…always try the cheapest solution first! If I were to guess, I would say that there is probably a super tiny 20 ga. Wire that came off of one or both of those plugs. If you’re the ambitious type, it shouldn’t be too hard to unscrew those plugs and re-solder the loose wire if you can fish it out. They may also be on some sort of circuit board and the wire came off it or the board broke…

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]