FORUMS: list search recent posts

Redish skin tones...

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Barker
Redish skin tones...
on Oct 11, 2010 at 7:47:02 pm

I'm using a JVC GY-HM100u, and one thing I've noticed is that even when the lighting looks good in person, and everything is white balanced, the resulting footage makes skin tones look quite a bit more redish than they should be. In extreme cases, white highlight hotspots are missing, and are all pink, which is bad because then I'm not getting a luminocity contrast on the face. Mostly, though, I'm seeing white highlights, but everything else on the face is over saturated. White balance is okay, the overall image doesn't look redish, just the parts that are redish (like caucasion skin tones) look more redish. Are there some gamma settings that I should be looking at or something?

Television Producer
KTVF-11 Fairbanks, Alaska
video.ericbarker.com

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
Re: Redish skin tones...
on Oct 12, 2010 at 1:03:20 am

Images, post them.

--
Meteor Tower Films
We make music videos, design video for live theater, and build interesting contraptions.

Return to posts index

Scott Erlinder
Re: Redish skin tones...
on Oct 12, 2010 at 1:49:54 pm

This seems to me ot be a "JVC preset" as to how the camera reads color in this portion of the spectrum. IF you go in to the menu and do a custom preset with your r-g b-g g-b, etc, setting you should be able to get skin tones the way you want them without affecting the rest of the picture much.

You have a lot of parameters in the camera to get what you want and since this camera came out, I have had to do alterations to the "out of the box" settings...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]