FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jvc GY-HD200E Which tapes?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Van der Horst
Jvc GY-HD200E Which tapes?
on Sep 12, 2010 at 8:26:54 pm

Hi,
Im using a Jvc GY-HD200E and always used a firestore or the JvcProHD miniDV tapes. Since i cant use the firestore now, and i have to film at the end of this week, i orderd some jvcProHD miniDV tapes. They still did not arrived. And i want to make sure I can film.

So is it possible to use e.g. a Sony DVM 63 HDV, Mini-HDV tape in my JVC?
Or any other brand aslong as it is a mini-HDV?

if readed a post from someone who said that it should not be a problem, but i'm not sure enough.. and the upcoming event will be really importent to me.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Wayne van der Horst

( sorry for my bad english )

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
Re: Jvc GY-HD200E Which tapes?
on Sep 13, 2010 at 4:21:25 am

Hi Wayne

Well I have 2 GDY101's and have been working very successfully with them for the past 3 years in broadcast. I use Panasonic PQ tapes and the Fuji Mx Pro series. I believe the HDV tapes are very good, but after chatting to one of the technical guys at JVC, he recommended that in ALL cases to stay away from tapes that have a very high oxide redidue. In must cases these were the Red and Black Sony DV's and in general the cheaper line of tapes. They leave a huge amount of residue on the feeder mechanism and heads. Where as the more expensive ones are supposed to have the least amount of oxide ?

I can truely recommend both the tapes I use, NEVER had drop out on either cams. The one Cam has done just on 300hrs and the other 523hrs

Hope it heps

Return to posts index

Wayne Van der Horst
Re: Jvc GY-HD200E Which tapes?
on Sep 14, 2010 at 12:48:18 am

Thank you for your advice! give's me alot of innerpeace now i know which tapes's I can use and which tape i should not use. Luckily the tapes i orderd arrived today. But then again info like this really helps!
thank you!!!

o and something comes to mind, im very curious.
It is that, why cant you use those othertapes. Were is the big difference. The whole mechanism? The lubricate on the tapes? Or is this basicly the same like. You dont tank Diesel when your driving Petrol?
I hope i dont sound confussing.

Thank you for your help!

Wayne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]