FORUMS: list search recent posts

buying advice,please

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tshewang lhundhup
buying advice,please
on Aug 8, 2010 at 7:30:03 am

Hi creative cows,

I would like to have your advice and experiences on this two camera JVC GY 790 vs jvc gy-hm700. As i have understood from JVC than it says, gy 790 can be used both as field production as well as studios. In my world i understand as follows,when they say field productions, does it mean than is same to gy-hm 700, what does it mean by terms ENG and EFP,please.

We are going to Himalaya for making our documentery film. We will be doing lots of interviews and also includes lots of different in and outdoor filming, at the same time we would also like to have a camera that could give us some opportunity to make a live webcast.

Therfore, could anyone,please advice me which camera is best suitable for us.

Thank you in advance.
tshewang,danmark

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
Re: buying advice,please
on Aug 9, 2010 at 12:43:29 am

How are you mixing your live webcast?

--
Meteor Tower Films
We make music videos, design video for live theater, and build interesting contraptions.

Return to posts index

tshewang lhundhup
on Aug 9, 2010 at 5:23:45 am

Hi Ryan,

It will be completely two different documentery films making and webcast. My documentery film and webcast has no relations. My webcast is for my corporate customer, where i make some live cast on there websits, where as my documentery films is just in Himalaya...making the documenteryfilm on liveing archiectures of himalaya.

i need a camera for mainstream production as well as live brodcast on the web, which i thought that GY-HM790E is all about.

best

tshewang

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on Aug 9, 2010 at 6:05:42 am

Again, how will you be mixing the live webcast? Biggest practical difference between the HM700 and HM790 is timecode/genlock and rear module connection for studio gear on the HM790. Will your video switching setup require you to genlock the cameras?

--
Meteor Tower Films
We make music videos, design video for live theater, and build interesting contraptions.

Return to posts index

tshewang lhundhup
on Aug 9, 2010 at 7:54:08 am

Hi again,

No i will only have one camera,so i do not require video switching setup for my genlock the camera. and honestly i don`nt understand when you say mixing the live webcast.what does it mean?
Can i understand as follows.....apart from timecode/genlock and rear module connection for studio gear on the HM790, doest HM790 have all the functions,features and techonology from HM700. Could you simply explain why there exist two models of this cameras, and what are they used in pratical life.

thank you once again.

tshewang

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on Aug 9, 2010 at 2:15:15 pm

The short answer: If you don't know why you'd need the HM790, you don't need it.

Get the HM700 -- it'll be great for what you need. Essentially same sensor, same recording format, same picture controls, and similar form factor.

--
Meteor Tower Films

Return to posts index

tshewang lhundhup
on Aug 9, 2010 at 3:32:22 pm

hi again,

thank you. i will take your advice and buy 700. One last favour, if i want tpo make live webcast by 700,what are the extra equipment, i need. can you also please let me know what you mean by How are you mixing your live webcast?.....out of curisoty.

Thank you really very much,i really apperciated your advice.

tshewang

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]