FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDHC data recovery

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Leyse
SDHC data recovery
on Jul 28, 2010 at 2:57:31 am

We accidentally reformatted an SDHC 16 GB card today with the camera (JVC GY-HM700). We did not reuse the card after we caught the mistake so the data should still be there. Can anyone recommend a quality data recovery software that works good with video. The files are Quick Time in the Sony XDCam EX 720p60 format. Looking for Mac software or somewhere we can send the card to get the files off.
Thanks,
Jon

Jon Leyse
Crash 31, LLC
http://www.crash31.com

Return to posts index

Charlie Cogar
Re: SDHC data recovery
on Aug 4, 2010 at 3:10:12 pm

Jon,

Shortly after we took delivery of our 700s that happened to us too. I found a fix online but we didn't use it so unfortunately I don't have a product name. (I Googled something like Restore QT Files and the cost was about $39.95.)

Here's what (I think) I've learned about Transferring Files, and Formatting and Deleting from the 700:

If I transfer directly from the cam to my Mac (or an external hard drive) the SDHC cards remain "as is." [I can simply pick up where I left off on the card just like tape.]

If I take the SDHC cards out of the camera and put them in a card reader for transferring, the cam then says "Reformat Media," and all clips are then deleted from the card.

At least that's the experience I've had, and I don't know why this happens.

Has anyone else experienced this or know why?

Thanks.

Charlie Cogar

Return to posts index

bryan ho
Re: SDHC data recovery
on Jan 29, 2015 at 10:26:18 am
Last Edited By bryan ho on Feb 5, 2015 at 9:20:36 am

You may take out SDHC card from JVC camcorder, and then connect SDHC memory card to computer, and then try this SDHC card recovery solution.

It helped me last time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]