FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HD101 Issues - HDV footage not on CItiDisk or backup tape

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Gardiner
JVC GY-HD101 Issues - HDV footage not on CItiDisk or backup tape
on Jul 22, 2010 at 9:24:29 am

I use a JVC GY HD-101 and filmed some footage in HDV-SD50P straight onto my CitiDisk Hard Drive with an additional back up onto a Sony 5DVM60R3 tape.
To my horror, the footage is not on the CitiDIsk AND playback on the tape is just a pixelated mess (when going into VTR mode on the camera, the format automatically changes to DV-60i and "DV-60I INVALID!" flashes on the camera screen.

Can anyone help here? I just KNOW it has just a little to do with the fact that I know enough to get myself into deep trouble (I really don't need to have to travel 1500km's to refilm at the client's premises).

Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: JVC GY-HD101 Issues - HDV footage not on CItiDisk or backup tape
on Jul 22, 2010 at 1:57:31 pm

HDV-SD50P is a standard definition image in PAL format (50 progressive frames per second).
DV-60i is a standard definition NTSC image.

Nor sure where you are geographically NTSC or PAL but you are probably okay image wise you just need to find a way to get the images playing out as PAL.

If you are in NTSC land you'll then have to convert them to NTSC from PAL.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Jony Black
Re: JVC GY-HD101 Issues - HDV footage not on CItiDisk or backup tape
on Aug 4, 2014 at 11:19:43 am

my jvc-gy-hd101 recently went off while in operation and since then it has refuse to switch on what is the problem ? it was on a fully charged batteries and after i still recharged the batteries and still cant switch on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]