FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HM700U, EX3 and deliverables

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric dole
JVC GY-HM700U, EX3 and deliverables
on Jun 30, 2010 at 7:12:23 pm

I was strongly leaning toward purchasing the JVC GY-HM700U because of the ergonomics (I don’t care what anybody says, how the camera sits on your shoulder matters big time if you need to go handheld). But, a couple factors came up.

1-I talked to a sales guy on the phone and he assured me that the EX3 was a better camera because of the ½ inch chip.

2-This is the issue where I am wondering if people may have suggestions: I am going to be shooting a doc in SE Asia where they use PAL. I will be importing PAL footage that is given to me into FCP where I will be making a rough cut on my MacBook Pro. The EX3 does have the option of shooting in PAL. Although with HD, it really comes down to frame rate. Has anybody had to deal with this issue? If I were to shoot with the JVC, what would be my workflow? And what would be the recommended format so that my final product is more compatible for worldwide TV distribution?

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
Re: JVC GY-HM700U, EX3 and deliverables
on Jul 1, 2010 at 1:44:22 am

The EX3's sensor is higher resolution and performs better in low light than the HM700. I decided against the EX1/EX3 because of rolling shutter and form factor, but if you're not shooting high motion, it creates a very pretty image.

--
Meteor Tower Films
We make music videos, design video for live theater, and build interesting contraptions.

Return to posts index

eric dole
Re: JVC GY-HM700U, EX3 and deliverables
on Jul 1, 2010 at 3:08:38 am

Thanks for your feedback Ryan. I have shot a lot of stuff handheld and the ergonomics is a big issue for me. I still need to figure out the PAL vs NTSC issue.

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]