FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HM790 vs JVC GY-HM700?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Graves
JVC GY-HM790 vs JVC GY-HM700?
on Jun 29, 2010 at 8:55:21 pm

Hello there,

What are the main differences between the JVC GY-HM790 Camera and the JVC GY-HM700 Camera? My experience from what I have seen is the 700 is not that good in low light. Here is a good example from youtube on the lowlight of the 700:

I just talked to a guy from B and H, he told me that the 790 should be better in low light, even though it is the same size 1/3" Sensor, but it is newer. I would so buy the 700, but the low light capabilities is turing me off from buying the 700. If you own or use the 700 regularly, please convince me why I should consider buying the 700, since there is that low light problem. Thank you in Advance for your posts.

Chad

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
Re: JVC GY-HM790 vs JVC GY-HM700?
on Jun 30, 2010 at 1:48:26 am

The 790 is designed for a studio environment, with timecode, genlock, etc. The 700 is designed for ENG and low-end digital cinema. According to a tech I talked with at JVC, he said that the sensors were the same, but he wasn't 100% sure.

If you're shooting in really low light, get an EX-3. I prefer the HM700 because I need the form factor, FCP workflow, and global shutter. We're usually shooting in situations where we're lighting, anyway -- so it's never really been an issue.

What do you want to use the camera for?

--
Meteor Tower Films
We make music videos, design video for live theater, and build interesting contraptions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]