FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HM100u

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dana Smillie
JVC GY-HM100u
on Mar 28, 2010 at 10:57:50 am

I am preparing for a shoot using the JVC-GY-HM100u as the primary camera, a Sony A1 (HDV-PAL) camera as backup/second camera. Will also be mixing various HDV/DVCam archive clips but the two cameras listed above will cover 90 percent of the project. I want the best quality out of the JVC, and I usually shoot in a progressive mode, but would it be best to shoot the JVC at a setting that most closely matches the HDV quality (ie, interlaced?)

Return to posts index

Kris A. Wotipka
Re: JVC GY-HM100u
on Mar 28, 2010 at 10:35:36 pm

IMHO, if you want everything to match, you "dumb down" for you lowest quality camera. But the best as the wide shot (if you have a wide shot) because it will most likely be able to handle the higher frequencies (detail in the image) better than the lower quality cameras.

just my 2 cents.

kw

kris@wotipka.com
Image maker

Return to posts index

Warren Elliott
Re: JVC GY-HM100u
on May 3, 2010 at 7:39:54 am

I tend to agree. I use the JVC camera and one of the best things about it is the multiple choices you have for formats and file size. I too tend to dum down however,......as I can als do this in the editing software I tend to shoot any fast action shoots or wide screen at a higher freq so to ensure higher quality when converting to a lower format. In other words try and shot most of it on the JVC. Hope it helps.

Best of Health
Warrenjelliott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]