FORUMS: list search recent posts

b+3 setting displayed

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Cogar
b+3 setting displayed
on Mar 26, 2010 at 5:10:54 pm

Hi Folks,

On a shoot yesterday I noticed B+3 displayed in the lower right hand corner of the LCD panel. It's directly above the color temperature indicator. I don't know how the setting got there, and in reading the manual, re-setting white balance and going through the Camera Process menu everything is at the default setting.

My footage looks fine, but I need to know what B+3 means, (I read the appropriate manual pages), how it got set and how to turn it off.

My other 700 doesn't, and hasn't ever, displayed this.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you,

Charlie Cogar

Return to posts index

Lou Caputo
Re: b+3 setting displayed
on Mar 26, 2010 at 10:07:11 pm

Actually, noticed the same thing on ONE of my cameras today. I'll check the other and see if it's doing it too.

Return to posts index

Doug Calhoun
on Mar 29, 2010 at 3:59:01 pm

It's the black stretch set to +3. Maybe it's a User setting and was inadvertantly pushed?

Return to posts index

Lou Caputo
on Mar 29, 2010 at 4:06:12 pm

Yep, you're right. One of my videographers set the "user 2" button for black stretch.

Return to posts index

Charlie Cogar
on Mar 29, 2010 at 8:17:38 pm

Folks,

Yup, that's right, pressing User 2 activates Black Level 3. BL 3 is the default setting when User 2 is pressed.

I've learned to be diligent while handling the camera as it's very easy to accidentally press Record or Focus Assist. I've also learned to check the viewfinder/LCD Panel between setups as it's also easy to inadvertently switch the Gain or White Balance switches.

Duane Kersey, JVC Engineer in New Jersey, explained one might want to adjust black levels if shooting black tuxedos against a dark background. By changing the Black Level one can add definition between the tuxes and BG.

Thanks everyone,

Charlie Cogar
Omaha, Nebraska

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]