FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing clips from JVC 700u into FCP

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Byerly
Importing clips from JVC 700u into FCP
on Mar 25, 2010 at 10:46:32 am

I am shooting with the JVC GY HM700u and editing with FCP. Everything is working fine, but when I shoot long interviews it automatically cuts them into approximately 13 minute pieces. Is this something I can control? I would prefer that my long clips stay as one clip.

Return to posts index

Lou Caputo
Re: Importing clips from JVC 700u into FCP
on Mar 25, 2010 at 9:02:02 pm

That's odd, I've shot for an hour straight and not had that happen. What size are the cards you're using?

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on Mar 26, 2010 at 12:08:11 am

That's about right. Because the cards are formatted FAT32, they're limited to file sizes <4GB. That's why it splits them every 4 GB.

Don't worry, you're not losing any frames.

--
Meteor Tower Films
Video creations for music, art, & theater.
http://meteortower.com/

Return to posts index

Steve Byerly
on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:21:37 am

Thanks. I did figure out that I could tie the clips together on the timeline and it works perfectly.

Return to posts index

Kris A. Wotipka
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:17:26 am

If you are shooting short segments, best bet is to shoot .mov then you can bring the clips right into FCP. If you are shooting longer format and want to bring footage in as single clips, you can shoot in the .mp4 format and then bring them in through log and transfer.

If your footage spans multiple cards, use JVCs software that came with the camera to combine all of the .mp4 clips into a single file folder for log and transfer.

REMEMBER! NEVER play around with the file structure of a .mp4 folder. One simple mistake and you could render your footage either useless or a huge pain to recover.

kw

kris@wotipka.com
Image maker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]